Saturday, June 24, 2006

~~Welcome to USA-Winter 2006-~~

After flying for 23hrs, finally i got USA-Michigan, Ypsilanti to start my new lifestyle. After 23hrs flight, i felt really tired but dont why i cant sleep well at all. Maybe i still cannot adapt to the new environment, or maybe i was homesick??? In this long journey flight(it was from singapore to Hong Kong, transit in Chicago, then took domestic flight to Michigan), i felt lonely+scary+excited+touched+missing=complex feeling. (dont know how to describe how was i felt at that time) Lonely, it was because i flew by my own; Scary, it was because i have to started my new life in USA, and will face a lot of challenges that i never faced before. Excited, it was because finally can travelled to Western country; touched, it was because i read those handbook that was made by my friends and family; missing, it was because i will never meet my friends, my little princess and my family in the next few years.

As when i reached Michigan, it was winter and the weather was really cold. i really can't tolerant for the cold weather as i was growed up in tropical area.

Winter-my favorite season, i had never seen snowfall before, this is my first time to feel the snow and touch it. I really excited when seeing snowfall. But winter was really cold (negative degree)!!Here are some pictures that were taken at winter time.

That is my living place in Michigan, Ypsilanti,USA,-papadopoulos's family house
View of neigborhood...View of the backyard...
garage...
Here are some pictures with my lovely niece-Sophia (Greece and Chinese mixed). She is really cute, but she cried all the time.

Picture with sophia in the car, while we were on the way go for dinner--Seoul Garden-(Korean and Japanses cuisine).


some pictures that were taken at Eastern Michigan University...






McKenny Student's Union
Bruce T. Halle Library @ EMU
Water Tower at Michigan, Ypsilanti, USA

No comments: