Saturday, February 16, 2008

First Official Paycheck

I have been completely lazy in posting my blog these couple weeks, just because my busy schedules. Also, not much pictures from picture taking department, just because too cold outside!

I have been working for a month, and I received my first official paycheck in the United States as an Intern. It was not a large amount but it enough for me to cover my living cost so far. I shared part of my first paycheck with my friends and family. I bought my friends dinner at Yoshuba Japanese restaurant. Originally, I intended to buy my cousin for dinner, but we ended up celebrate it at home. We invited some friends to come over to have a party. Here are just a few pictures in this post:

We had a gathering at home to celebrate my first official paycheck.
Kids took a short break for the dinner after playing couple hours with their game.

Yummy!! I bought some food from Seoul Garden, a Korean and Japanese restaurant, plus my cousin, Lee cooked a lot of food. Luscious food.
Anthony and Burn. Like dad, like son!
Here we have, Mr. Jacob.

Anthony -- Second round!!
After shelled out $1,100 for my 14 years old car's transmission. Last week, this stupid car gave me another trouble again. This time is muffler problem. I sent it to the workshop and costs me another 300 bucks to get it fixed. The money that I spent on this car is enough for me to get another decent car. Well, he is 14 years old, what can I expect for....


Chinese New Year?!! What did i do during Chinese New Year? We did not actually celebrate Chinese New Year in States. I worked during CNY and we didn't do anything special to celebrate it. Unlike Asia, Michigan is quite as usual. However, I did pamper myself the luscious food. My cousin invited friends came over to had dinner, we had a small gathering at home. My family visited Taiwan during the CNY. I wish I could be there, but...

Last week, we had a CNY celebration at Blue Karaoke. We sure had fun! We sang until midnight. It was snowing and with the Ice on the road. It was so cold that night. The minimum speed is 55mph, and we drove like 45mph in the freeway. Can you imagine how slow we were driving. We drove very carefully because the weather was really bad. We were all the way safe, until we ramped into another freeway, our car somehow lost control and had 360 degree turns from first lane to third lane. We felt so lucky because we still survive. It was horrible and scary!!! I was driving the car and my brain totally went blank and did not know how to respond in sudden. I was shock!! I was glad because I was survived. That was not my first time!! I had couple experiences before, but this is the most horrible, because it was happened in the freeway. If there was a car behind us, can you image what will happen. That was not my first time, but we hope it could be our last time to experience that.

No comments: