Sunday, December 30, 2007

December 15 - 25, Winter Storm, Christmas Day

Michigan was attacked by snow storm on December 16. It was eight inches snow over that weekend!! The commencement at Eastern Michigan University had been postponed due to the severe weather!! Also, the following Monday was announced as snow day, it was a good news for the kids because they had no school!! As you can tell from the pictures how bad of the weather was over that weekend!!


View of street at Ypsilanti old house!!! These pictures were taken by me around 10am in the morning!! I woke up to shovel the driveway in the morning!! I was so tired after shoveled the 8 inches snow at the driveway!!! It's my first time to shovel and I hate the snow so much at that moment!!! Look!!! The snow cover my entire shoes and up to my feet!!!

I didn't wear boot and I got wet!!!
After shoveled the Ypsilanti old house driveway, I had to go and shoveled the new house driveway at Ann Arbor!!! It's a three door garage!!! It took me an hour to take it away!!!

Kostas and Sophia was enjoying the snow!!! Sophia tried to help me to get the snow away!!!


Darren and Kostas. We were having the snow fight at the new house driveway! I love snow but hate to shovel the snow away!! Especially it was 8 inches snow, gosh!!! damn tired!!
On December 24, we had a Christmas eve celebration at Uncle Tee's house!! Tee is my cousin's coworker at proquest. Tee is from Thailand, he invited us to come over and had a Christmas eve celebration. We all hanged out at Tee's house until midnight!!

In the early morning of Christmas Day, when I was still on the bed, I heard a lovely sound from downstairs... Jingle bell... Jingle bell... Jingle all the way... In sudden, I heard Sophia was yelling.... Darren!! Darren!! Wake Up!!! It's time for Christmas Present!!! Time to wake up for you present!!

This is year, I bought Kostas a GameStop gift card and Sophia a lovely purse with lipsticks, nail polish, and body lotion. Also, I received two pair of socks from Sophia and Kostas for Christmas Present, and I got Wireless Digital Alarm Clock from Papadopoulos family.

Darren & Sophia with their Christmas gift in front of Christmas Tree!


Darren, Sophia & my cousin --Lee--

Kostas, Sophia & Darren

Christmas tree at new house
Here are few pictures from the Papadopoulos's new house at Ann Arbor. As you can tell from the pictures, they moved with a few pieces of furniture, the new pieces are coming soon in January!!

Great Living room with Plasma Tv!!

Kostas was enjoying his new Play Station 2 game, which he got it from his mom for Christmas present!! He was practicing his songs to be the next American idol!!!

View of the street from the Kitchen area!! There have the kid play ground in the backyard.
View from Guest room, which it my room for now!! It looks beautiful in the Winter!!

I'm planning to visit Chicago, Illinois during the day before new year eve. Will keep you update when I back from Chicago, Illinois.

2 comments:

Linly said...

Darren, did i tell u how much i miss Michigan? Ohh... i miss u guys to death!!!OOhhh god, Where's my snow?

DarrenLee33 said...

Hey, take it easy!! If you miss Michigan, miss the snow, just come back!! We always here to welcome you back to Michigan. We are here waiting for you. I hope to meet you at next winter... Haha!!